The Intermediary Awards are open to all UK based independent intermediaries - individuals or companies. They are unique as they are judged by a panel of senior independent figures from the industry.
Demonstrate to your clients that you are the UK’s top health insurance and protection intermediary and stand out from your competitors. Submit your entry for the industry’s premier awards and you could be standing on the winners’ podium this year.
***PLEASE NOTE THE CRITERIA BELOW ARE SUGGESTIONS - YOUR ENTRY DOES NOT HAVE TO MEET EACH OF THE BULLET POINTS HIGHLIGHTED. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE ENTRY PROCESS PLEASE EMAIL NIKKI.HANDLEY@INFORMA.COM***
BEST WORKPLACE WELLBEING INTERMEDIARY
• Can you demonstrate how you used ancillary services – such as employee assistance programmes, smoking cessation programmes, stress management programmes or resilience training – to underpin a holistic approach to health management?
• Can you demonstrate how your approach to workplace wellbeing had a positive impact on the claims experience of your client’s group risk or private medical insurance schemes?
• Can you demonstrate how the occupational health strategy you put in place used technology to improve the health of your client’s workforce?
BEST INDIVIDUAL INTERNATIONAL PMI INTERMEDIARY
• What steps did you take to ensure the solution would be sustainable and affordable, andcover the individual’s specific health needs?
• How did you manage to overcome cultural/language cross-border issues?
• How did you take into account the individual’s overall financial situation and ensure the solution you recommended was sustainable and affordable?
BEST INDIVIDUAL PMI INTERMEDIARY
• Can you demonstrate how you understood and then met the client’s particular demands and needs?
• Did you consider a broad range of options for the client? If so, what were they?
• Did you help the client through a claims process? If so, how did you manage that?
BEST GROUP INTERNATIONAL PMI INTERMEDIARY
• How did you ensure that the client’s claims costs were managed appropriately?
• What additional services aside from claims were made available to scheme members?
• Were there any specific examples of difficult claims that were handled well during the year?
BEST HEALTHCARE TRUST INTERMEDIARY
• How did you ensure that the scheme in question offered the client complete control and flexibility over its design?
• How did you ensure that the scheme remained cost-effective and sustainable over the longer term?
• Can you demonstrate how you developed your relationship with the scheme in question’s trustees?
BEST CASH PLANS INTERMEDIARY
• How did the approach you took have a positive impact on absence?
• If the scheme in question was within a flex or voluntary arrangement, how did you encourage good uptake of the benefit?
• How did the scheme in question fit into the company’s overall health and wellbeing strategy?
BEST GROUP RISK INTERMEDIARY
• Can you describe how the scheme linked effectively with other company benefits?
• Can you give an example of how the scheme was run efficiently and had solid technology and administrative support behind it?
• How did you ensure the scheme was designed in a way which would protect the client’s interests in light of legislative issues such as auto-enrolment and welfare reform?
BEST GROUP PMI INTERMEDIARY
• How did you work effectively with underwriters to deliver an attractive solution for the client?
•How did you ensure that PMI worked effectively with other company benefits?
• How did you secure good value for the client in a sustainable and fair way?
BEST PROTECTION INTERMEDIARY
• Can you demonstrate how you considered the client’s full protection needs?
• Can you demonstrate how the solution you recommended took into account the broader financial planning needs of your client?
• Did your advice take into account recent developments in the protection industry?
BEST INDIVIDUAL IMPACT BY A NEWCOMER
• Can you demonstrate a commitment to professional training and development?
• Can you demonstrate that the approach you took both delivered impressive sales figures while also going over and above the call of duty?
• Can you demonstrate client care and retention?
BEST LONG-TERM CARE INTERMEDIARY
• Can you demonstrate how the client’s assets were either utilised or protected effectively and in line with their and/or their family’s wishes?
• Can you give examples of how your “soft skills” helped the client through the process?
• Can you demonstrate that you worked effectively with care providers and local authorities in the client’s best interests?
BEST DENTAL BENEFITS INTERMEDIARY
• Can you show any evidence of staff engagement and uptake?
• How did the dental scheme fit into the company’s broader benefits arrangements? Was there any crossover with other benefits?
• Did the scheme deliver value for money for the client?
HEALTH INSURANCE INTERMEDIARY OF THE YEAR
Entries are not accepted for the Health Insurance Intermediary of the Year category. It is decided upon by the judging panel who select the entry from the other categories which they believe stands head and shoulders above the rest.
HEALTH INSURANCE LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
This is a special award that allows the industry to reward a person who has made an outstanding contribution to the health insurance and/or protection sector. To nominate someone for this award, please contact Health Insurance editor David Sawers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For 2013 sponsorship and table sales
enquiries please contact:
For general awards enquiries
Tel: +44 (0) 207 017 6779
Awards & Events Executive
Tel: +44 (0)20 7017 4751